Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Carrot Cake Recipe







here is i delicious carrot cake recipe that I found googling from Sugoodsweets :) above pictures are of me laboring over my carrot cake hahaha. i didn't have a grater, (YOU MUST HAVE A GRATER OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE SPENDING THE NEXT TEN YEARS CUTTING CARROTS INTO LITTLE PIECES! (like me))

from her site:

carrot cake

Grandma’s Carrot Cake

This recipe is from Jessica Su’s Grandma. She used to bake this cake for the family and it’s enjoyed by everyone.

Ingredients:

2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Banking Powder
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
2 Cups Sugar
1 ½ Cups Oil (may reduce a ¼ cup)
4 Eggs (in room temperature)
½ Cup Crashed Walnuts
3 Cups Shredded Carrots
1 Cup Minced Pineapple
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Direction:

  1. Shift the flour, banking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
  2. Beat the egg
  3. Mix the dry ingredients, beaten egg, oil, carrot, pineapple, walnuts, and vanilla
  4. Pour the mix in a bundt cake pan (don’t need to oil the pan)
  5. Preheat the oven to 375 degree, and bake for 1 hour.

Notes/tips:

  • For cupcakes, bake for 20 minutes. Yields about 2 dozen.
  • I used 1/2 cup of oil and 1 cup of applesauce. It still yielded a moist and airy crumb. Actually, maybe a little too airy! I like carrot cakes that are denser. To combat this “problem,” I recommend using half whole-wheat flour. You may also use 100% whole-wheat pastry flour or white whole-wheat flour.
kimmei's notes:

I minused a half cup of extra virgin olive oil and put a half cup less of sugar than in the recipe and it turned out great! my family loved it yayyy! ps you can click on the images to enlarge them if you can't see.

ENJOY! LOVE YOU ALL :) SMILE!

3 comments:

AskMeWhats July 23, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

wow..this looks soooo good!!!!

Lorelie Hellms August 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Hi Su, I thank you for saving my day..i was in search earlier today for a nice, tasty, less fuss carrot cake and i was glad to bump in with your grandma's incredible recipe. I made some changes though as a personal preference and use the remaining nuts as toppings and voila; i made a modified version of Jessica Su's Grandma's Carrot cake recipe..

Thanks alot

Lorelie Hellms August 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Hi Su, I thank you for saving my day..i was in search earlier today for a nice, tasty, less fuss carrot cake and i was glad to bump in with your grandma's incredible recipe. I made some changes though as a personal preference and use the remaining nuts as toppings and voila; i made a modified version of Jessica Su's Grandma's Carrot cake recipe..

Thanks alot

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network 2008

Back to TOP