Sunday, September 28, 2008

Must have Bento Box supplies


++click on picture to enlarge

Hi everyone!
So about a month or so ago, I had this incredible bento box craze shopping spree (above picture), I stopped by Ichiban Kan in SF and in Berkeley and Daiso in San Jose Eastridge Mall and loaded myself with bento goodies. [they were only about 1.50 each! cheap isn't it?]

For more information on how to make cute bento boxes, visit www.lunchinabox.net (love that site)


I got into this after a friend showed me all the cute bento boxes she made and it made me want to make one myself!

Bento box essentials for preparing food:


1) those aluminum cups/cup cake cups look-alikes are used as separators for your meal

2) antibacterial covers (the hello kitty thing i have (silver and pink)) to keep your food clean

3) cute little toothpicks so you can use to eat your fruits, etc


4) a bento box ( i have several, will post soon, different people have different appetites, and therefore different sized bentos, the one pictured is usually for a female)


5) chopsticks/ohashi

6) egg molders (to shape your egg into cute shapes like cars, bunnies, bears, etc)


7) that koala metal container is for patissiers

8) sushi rice shapers, you can shape it into hearts, 4-leaf clover etc


9) soy sauce holder


10) sauce holder (ex. mayo, ketchup etc)

3 comments:

Par September 29, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

Yes, if only I live by there, mean time I have to order online.

Christine October 24, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

I was able to grab almost everything here through Ichiban Kan online. It was very affordable.

I recommend using the silicone cups for separators because they are reusable.

Quynh February 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

lol. was i that "friend"? =)

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network 2008

Back to TOP