Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Celebrity Makeup Artist tips from Kim Cattral's and Jessica Parker's MA


image source

article source

Q & A with Kyra Panchenko
Kim Cattrall’s Makeup Artist on Sex and The City


Q: What MAC products did you use on Kim Catrall?

A: I used Blot Powder in Medium, Eye Kohl in Teddy and the amazing Cleansing Tips to clean up under the eyes.

(kimmei: makes me want to buy them now!)

Q: What was the makeup look you were trying to achieve for her in the movie?
A: I was going for a “California girl” look for Kim. Her character Samantha moves to LA so, I kept her pretty tanned and bronzed. Kim went through loads of Wipes to remove her body make-up each day and loved how gentle they were on her skin.

Q: Who are your celebrity clients?
A: My clientele list includes: Uma Thurman, Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster, Kim Cattrall, Amy Adams

Q & A with Judy Chin
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Makeup Artist on Sex and the City

Q: What MAC products were used on Sarah Jessica Parker?
A: I used the Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved, Blot Powder, Paint Pots, Fluidline and Mascara X

Q: What was the makeup look you were trying to achieve for her in the movie?
A: Sarah had many looks for this film but one thing that I always wanted to be present for her was a natural beauty that didn’t look like makeup. I tried to keep her eyes the focus by creating a strong yet natural lashline and I always framed her eyes with beautiful lashes. A healthy rosy flush to her cheeks, a soft mouth and clean healthy skin that had a natural glow and shine to it.

Q: What tips do you have for creating this look?

A: I worked the eye pencil into her lashline by applying it in between her lashes and smudged it very softly to blend it. I was careful to coat her lashes from the root and brushed them out - and we always curled them. I often opted for a cream blush that I could layer and blend into her skin. I used a lightweight foundation that gave me a light dewy finish and incorporated that with using concealer only when and where I needed it. I used blot film to remove excess shine and powdered only if I needed to.

Q: Who are your other celebrity clients?
A: Jennifer Connelly, Rachel Weisz and I’m currently working on a project with Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network 2008

Back to TOP