Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beauty Article I wrote for my a newsletter at school

Hi everyone,

This is an article I wrote for a newsletter at school back during winter time. :) hope you enjoy!

Luscious Looks by Kimmei

(Face mind and body)

Today, I would like to remind everyone that being healthy not only means eating the right healthy foods to get your essential minerals and vitamins and energy, but also exercising well and taking good care of your skin.

This is the time of year when winter is fast approaching. Lately, have you noticed a certain dryness to your skin, particularly your face? If you are one of the lucky few who do not experience this affliction, you are very lucky to have such good genes. Winter weather is harsher on the skin; therefore you need to use a good moisturizer during the day as well as night time. Not only that, but you also need to use the right products. A product that says that it will help you get rid of blemishes or “heal” your skin may not actually do so. Therefore you need to vamp up your vocabulary in terms of ingredients to learn about those ingredients that are harmful for your skin

Please please please, if you can, buy products with these ingredients: (DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Co-enzyme 1o), they are very good for your skin and will help nourish it.

Beware that some products are not intended to be used during the daytime, to do otherwise could disastrously result in redness or severe irritation. For example, Proactiv face products with the cleanser, toner, and repairing lotion…I highly do not recommend using this during the day, unless you have lathered on a good sunscreen in the process. I have heard that it has a chemical that is highly affected by the sun’s harsh rays. So whatever you use, please put on sunscreen, preferably 5 minutes after you put on your moisturizer for the sunscreen to have its full effect on your skin.

I am constantly looking for and buying new skincare products, and have discovered this awesome organic line called Juice Beauty. It has high reviews and really makes your skin glow; however it is on the pricey end. My favorite 2 oz bottle of Juice Beauty Green Apple moisturizer with spf 15 is a whopping $38 at Sephora. However, do not despair if you are a poor college student, there are plenty of affordable products at drugstores like the Anti-wrinkle Neutrogena cream that I swear by. Anti-wrinkle you say? Yes, anti-wrinkle. Not that I am scared of getting wrinkles, this cream just moisturizes my skin so well and makes my face feel like…. dare I say a Baby’s butt. I do hope that I do not get wrinkles at this age; however, later on, I hope I can be one of those women who can proudly look into the mirror, wrinkles or no, and feel good and beautiful about themselves. Here are some products I recommend through my own personal use:

Eye care:

    For those of you experiencing under eye bags, I highly recommend purchasing the RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream. Some have said it works better than my most beloved Crème de la Mer. (Available at Walgreens for $20 or www.drugstore.com)

Lip Care:

Please buy lip balms or chapsticks with an SPF of 15, any more is unnecessary.

-I recommend Bourjouis de nuit Night lip balm (Available at sephora for $10)

Body Care:

    Highly recommend Yes to Carrots Body Butter (which you should apply right after you get out of the shower when your skin is still dewy, it simply sinks into the skin leaving a non greasy feeling as well as not going against whatever perfume you would like to use. (Available at Walgreens. A set which includes this is selling for $20)

There is just so much to say about skincare (like face masks, exfoliating treatments) that I could go on a full day just talking about it, so please, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at makeupfairytale@gmail.com. Until next issue, Happy Skincare!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network 2008

Back to TOP