Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sad Memories Please don't Drink and Drive

This post is just about my thoughts in general...life...etc

Moving back to my old place (with the best friend where i lived before a year ago) brings up old memories. Just stepping into that house, I am immersed in the aroma of bread and food (feels like love to me). I walk up those stairs and images from my past (ex boyfriend, old friends) appear in my mind, good times, and bad times. Of course being the crybaby i am (one of the songs my ex dedicated to me was: fergie's big girls don't cry ..haha..funny, no :)), my eyes start tearing up.

I remember sitting in my room one day over a year ago, when i received a call from a close friend at 4am. he called to tell me that my best friend of seven years (and ex boyfriend now) passed away in a car accident. I just sat there shocked. I really couldn't believe that someone so dear and sweet to me could disappear in a heartbeat like that. He was supposed to come up to visit me the week after too.

I have three best friends, him, May, and Henry, and it's really hard for me to be close to anyone on that level easily. It also hurts to go home every weekend, because his house is right on the corner next to mine. To make matters worse, he has a twin, and it was so hard to look at him at the funeral.

well i'm going on a tangent here (tearing up :)). but he died because the driver was drinking and driving. so please, please, whatever you do, please don't drink and drive. not only could you lose your life, you could also take someone else's away. I hope that this will never happen to anyone.

sorry it had to end on a sad note.

please be thankful for those people around you and let them know how much you love them, because you never know when it might be the last moment you get to have with them. please be appreciative of your parents, they've done so much for you (i realized further a parent's love for their child at my friend's funeral, his mom basically lost 20-30 pounds in just two weeks and she looked so miserable and sad it was hard not to cry for her as well). please don't live life with regrets. you'll feel much more free-er.

please just smile at a stranger everyday, you never know when your smile might save a life =) (no joke, i read on the news a couple years ago about a guy who was about to commit suicide but then he saw a stranger smile at him on the bridge and that stopped him)

just appreciate what you have, and seize the moment! =P

love you all!

kimmei

p.s. love you henry and may! you guys are the best, don't know what i would've done without you two.




1 comments:

♡ Nic Nic ♡ May 31, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

hey there, thanks for stopping at my blog, your blog is equally as interesting!

im sorry to hear such an uneventful past... i cant imagine losing someone so close.

it's positive to hear you coped so well with it :)

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network 2008

Back to TOP